Welcome to the first of our new Totara Recipe series!
We’re working with Totara to show you everything you need to cook up a storm with your Totara LMS and our first recipe is all about onboarding.
Onboarding employees can be time consuming and difficult. We’ve created a simple recipe that runs from the team introduction all the way through to the new hire’s first day. There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to employee onboarding, but here are a few ingredients that can help.
- Onboarding plan
- Awareness: culture & values of the business
- Team introductions
- Compliance training
- Mentor in the process
- Access to systems
- Open mind and inquisitive attitude
- Social inclusion
- Reporting mechanism
- Build out the onboarding process with HR/L&D stakeholders
- Share your video on company vision and values
- Set up LMS compliance training prior to start date
- Meet the team
- Migrate valuable data/content over to your new LMS
- Training at the point of need
- Use gamification with badges, rewards or other fun ways of motivating your learners
Serve and enjoy!
- Instant productivity as your workforce knows how to perform the first exchange right after they onboard
- Efficiency as employees and partners to start to own tasks quickly or complete sales successfully
- Increased revenue as once your workforce is onboarded you will have more employees, working with you for longer, doing a better job