We really enjoyed attending the Learning Technologies conference this year in the new location at ExCeL in London’s Victoria Dock.
Here are some of the trends and exciting technologies, which will support learning and development go digital in 2019
1. Performance Support – Probably the most widely used term in Learning Technology is the 70:20:10 learning model. Technologies are advancing to support the learning on the job or
2. Focus on User Experience – As the modern employee or end user expects more from learning technologies, there is greater focus and expectation on experience. Not only is this the aesthetics, but also the technology behind the aesthetics, which is driving
3. Packaged Content – We recently wrote an article about this for the Training Journal, titled ‘Who will become the Uber of Packaged Elearning Content’. This is a growth area in learning as many
4. Skilling up Learning and Development Teams – It is evident that
5. Monolithic Systems are Dying – We are seeing fragmentation in learning technologies, moving away from
6. Voice Technology is on the Rise – At the Saba Lumesse Learning Lounge, we saw how voice technologies are on the rise, a presentation from Kane Simms (@kanesimms). We are excited to see how voice technology can support experiential learning and knowledge sharing.
7. Data and Predictive Analytics – We have seen how learning teams are now using clever reporting tools to collect data. These tools hook into the central database enabling