E-Learning Project Manager (Contract)
Webanywhere have firmly established themselves as one of the UK's leading e-learning companies. We are now bringing our success to the USA.We are looking to appoint a contract Project Manager who will be responsible for managing new and existing projects. The Role The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalise IT based projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver IT based projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Define project scopes, plans, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis and effectively communicate project expectations in a timely and clear fashion.
- Determine and assess the need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle. Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project. Conduct project post mortem and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- A minimum of five years Project Management experience.
- Experience of managing people is essential.
- Proven commercial project management experience, preferably from an IT/development background and understanding the complexity of software solution design.
- Knowledge of the differences between the major project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of project planning tools such as Microsoft Project.
Job Type: Contract
Required experience: Project Management - 5 years
Required education: Bachelor's
To apply, send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com