Founded in 2003, Webanywhere is a learning technology company originally servicing the education sector before expanding and establishing new divisions supporting the corporate markets in both EMEA and Northern America.
Our clients include over 2,000 schools and many blue chip corporations across the world.
In April 2012 we opened an office in Katowice where much of the technical development work for our clients is undertaken.
Currently we are seeking an enthusiastic individual who will fill in the role of the:
PHP SUPPORT ENGINEER
LOCATION: KATOWICE, ŚLĄSKIE
At least 2 years of experience in a technical role and good knowledge of PHP, version control (preferably git), relational databases (preferably mySQL and PostgreSQL)
Good communication in Polish and English. The team in Katowice will use Polish in day-to-day work but all customers and communication with the UK team will be in English. The applicant needs to be able to change communication styles depending on the audience and be able to explain problems to a non technical user in language they will understand. Writing summaries and documentation in English is also necessary
Good team work. The support team comprises of an Incident Manager, 1st line support, support engineers and staff who work on both delivery and support work. The applicant will need to work closely with all of these people
Independence. The applicant needs to work on a wide variety of codebases, take a task and reach a goal. The applicant must find a balance of asking questions to the right people to move the task forwards quickly but also work independently to solve issues
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of Totara or Moodle
- Knowledge of Drupal
- Experience in a support environment
- Experience documenting technical designs and functional requirements
- Competitive salary (accordingly to skills and experience)
- Friendly, international working environment
- Flexible working hours / home office
- Personal development opportunities
- Unlimited access to e-learning platform
- Free hot and cold beverages throughout a working day
- Sweet treats on Fridays (fruits/cakes)
- Relax room with table tennis