Last month we produced a handy guide on how to get started with podcasting in schools. This time round we’re continuing the theme by pointing you in the direction of some of our favourite podcasts already available online. These free educational resources could be used to introduce a topic or perhaps during any spare time at the beginning or end of the day – if such a time actually exists…
1. The Song Tree – Learn, practise and perform songs with a new episode each week with this BBC podcast
2. 60 Second Science – One for the older students. A quick and interesting scientific fact to get your class talking.
3. Maths Challenge - Another good production from the BBC. This time it’s mental maths challenges for ages 9-11. Perfect lesson starters.
4. Storynory – Readings of original tales classic children’s stories to keep younger classes entertained.
5. Kid Corner – A useful set of science and history podcasts for KS2. Unfortunately they’re not updated regularly
6. Meet the Authors – In this podcast, children interview their favourite authors – useful for literacy lessons.
7. Radioanywhere - Our very own podcasting station with hundreds of podcasts from different schools. Great inspiration if you’re considering doing your own.